Hospitality Requirements and Room Set-up
The Host Church Provides the meeting room, refreshments, and facilitator travel costs. Note: $10 can be added to the ticket cost to put towards food cost.
Click here to download a First Steps Hosting Agreement
Meeting Room Requirements:
• Seating around tables in a formation that each participant can see the presenter. Tablecloths and centerpieces are optional (but preferred)
• Music stand or podium
• Small table for nametags and registration
• Power Point projector and screen at the front of the room, and a small table for computer
• Depending on the size and acoustics of the room a microphone may be required. The host can decide whether or not it is needed. If required, please provide it.
Suggested Refreshments and Schedule Have ready for 8:30 am (Doors to open 8:30 am workshop begins at 9:00 and ends at 4:00)
• Coffee (decaf and regular)
• Tea – assorted
• Cream and sugar
• Water (sliced lemon optional)
• Muffins/Danishes (optional) If you do provide them, please provide a gluten free option
Coffee break 10:30 am to 10:45 am
• Please have the beverages listed above refreshed.
• Provide fresh fruit
Lunch 12:30pm to 1:00 pm Refresh all beverages (may want to add punch or pop)
• Main menu is your choice, but popular menus include items such as salads, quiche, sandwiches, soups, veggies and dip, fruit etc.
• We suggest holding back dessert and serving it with the afternoon coffee break instead of with lunch
Coffee break 2:30 pm- 2:45 pm
• Dessert or snack
Workshop ends at 4:00 pm