Defining Purpose was birthed in 2018 with a focus on women and women’s ministry. Defining Purpose operates through workshops, coaching, social media, webinars and keynote speaking events.
Defining Purpose exists for women, to equip them to better understand their purpose, calling, and spiritual gifts, so they can make a difference in their relationships, churches, communities and the world.
Defining Purpose exists for churches, to equip them to build or strengthen women’s ministry in order to strengthen the local church, and impact the community and the world around them.
Meet our Founder
My name is Kelly Rader and I am the founder and operator of Defining Purpose. I have been involved in women’s ministry my whole adult life and I love it! I am passionate about encouraging women to live out their calling and passion, to make a difference in their churches and communities, and to make this world a better place!
Here’s My Why
I believe in women!
I believe Women’s Ministry is vital to the local church!
I believe that women need good theology because they are strong influences in raising children, in their marriages, in the community, in the marketplace, in their churches and in the world!
I believe women are hungry for true, meaningful connection and discipleship in this culture where social media disguises itself as means for true relationship.
I believe women’s ministry can meet the longing women have for true connection and that women need other women to do life with, throughout all stages of life.
With more than half the church being women, and the majority of church volunteers beings women, I believe women have the influence to make or break a church.
“A healthy women’s ministry in the local church is a key part of vibrant church life. For many reasons, when Women’s ministry is going well, it is a significant influence to the health of the entire church.” ~ Gerry Teichrob, Director of Pathways Forward Transitional Ministry
If women in the church get motivated for a cause, the world better watch out! Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe women are better then men, I just believe we play a unique role.
“Women’s Ministry in the church has always been about knowing God and knowing His word, sharing the gospel with the needy and broken, and caring about the welfare of the country in which one lives. Women’s Ministry is here to stay, and for that, I am grateful to God.” (Biola University site author Nell Sunukjian – May 1,2014)
My Experience & Credentials:
- Certified as a Life Coach through Fowler International Academy of Professional Coaching
- Pastor of Women’s Ministry for 5 years at Yarrow Alliance Church
- Foundations for Ministry Certificate through Ambrose University
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma (Adult Education)
- Happily married to Dave for over 27 years, and we have raised three great children
- For over 18 years, I’ve trained women speakers, organized conferences and events for women, led and attended bible studies, involved with women’s ministry leadership teams, and spoke to women’s groups across Canada
- Member of C&MA District WM team for 4 years
- Curriculum writer/ speaker/teacher for Gifted for Purpose and First Step Workshops
- Founded and led Mentoring of Mother’s Society (for 10 years), a registered charity focused on parenting, marriage and women’s issues
- I relate to women and their struggles. Within my family I have experience with issues such as cancer, divorce, abuse, depression and other mental illness, suicide, infidelity, drug abuse, alcoholism, narcissism and abandonment.
Kelly Rader | Defining Purpose
Defining Purpose founder Kelly Rader is a published author, certified life coach and internationally sought after Christian keynote speaker for Women’s Ministry & Leadership Training conferences, events and retreats. Involved with Women’s Ministries leadership and training for close to 30 years, she’s dedicated to speaking to women and resourcing them to achieve their goals within the topics of relationships, marriage, parenting, family, divine purpose and Christian living. Kelly is happily married to David for over 27 years, and together have raised 3 wonderful children.