The bible has some important things to say about vision such as:
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18
In Women’s Ministry we must have a vision of where we want to go, and a plan of how to get there. Therefore, every Women’s Ministry team needs to have a ministry plan, a projected budget and a list of projected outcomes for each ministry year. These three important documents can help guide throughout the year to help it keep on track, to know what to plan and how much to spend.
3 Musts Haves in Women’s Ministry Each Year:
1. A Ministry Plan
A typical ministry year for churches in Canada is September through May or September through June.
What Should a Ministry Plan Include:
- the ministry vision statement
- a list of events and programs for the ministry year
- an explanation for how each of the events and programs fulfills the vision statement objectives
2. A Projected Budget
The projected budget should include all the costs for the ministry for the ministry year
What Should a Ministry Budget Include:
- a list of projected expenses and income for each event
- categories that each expense and/or income falls under (example, events, outreach, bible study, team building, materials, books etc.)
3. A Projected Outcomes List
Projected outcomes are the outcomes you would you like to see in women’s lives as a result of participation in your church Women’s Ministry.
What Should a Projected Outcome List Include:
- under each projected outcome list how you will track each outcome
- list the activities, events, discipling or teaching tools that will help facilitate each outcome
Also see “How to Write a Vision Statement”